Position Title: PR / Event Coordinator – Outdoors, Motorsports, Cycling
- Full-time (40+ hours per week) salaried position with benefits
- Flexible work location (based in Los Angeles or Atlanta metro areas a plus, but not required for the right candidate)
- Regular (~50%) domestic travel to support media, industry, and consumer events
- Competitive salary based on experience, plus health insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, 1 week PTO for volunteer project of your choice
Boutique LA-based Public Relations agency specializing in outdoor recreation and representing a portfolio of exciting national consumer brands is creating a new PR/Event Coordinator position to support the planning and execution of press events, consumer activations, and social media content shoots.
The ideal candidate is outgoing, curious, self-motivated, accountable and has a strong work ethic. They are a team player who values personal and professional relationships. This position requires a passion for travel and exploring new places, the ability to thrive when working from the road, and a personality that is intrinsically motivated by a “first in/last out, nights and weekends, whatever it takes” attitude when staffing events.
The PR/Event Coordinator position will support the Account Executives, Partners and Contractors as needed across the agency’s various activities and clients.
This is an exciting new position and opportunity to join a fresh and expanding agency, be immersed with our outdoor recreation clients, help build a best-in-class events planning department, and learn from some of the best in the business.
Responsibilities and Expectations (include, but not limited to):
- Research event venues, locations, and travel logistics, and create presentations and proposals to share findings with agency team.
- Coordinate with event venue sales contacts (hotels, restaurants, event spaces, etc.), including proposals, contracts, and payments.
- Research, plan, and conduct location/venue site checks, and create detailed recap reports to share findings with team.
- Research and obtain permits for events, photo/video shoots, etc. from various law enforcement and government agencies (local, regional, state, federal).
- Book travel arrangements for agency staff, clients, and media, etc.
- Staff events from start to finish, first-in/last-out, with a positive and professional all-hands attitude, including onsite coordination with venues, agency team, and clients, driving shuttle vans, managing travel agencies, etc.
- Be detail oriented and utilize project management software to streamline communication with agency team and clients.
- Track event KPIs, and compile event wrap-up reports.
Requirements and Skills:
- Honesty, integrity, and the nature of being a hands-on, team player.
- Minimum 3-years of experience with managing or assisting at events, interacting with customers, and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel 1-2 weeks at a time, for approximately 50% of your time.
- Strong communication skills with a professional appearance and attitude both in-person and in phone/digital communication.
- Intimate knowledge of project management software, MS Office applications and Google Drive and the willingness and aptitude to learn new platforms.
- Own a reliable vehicle, carry applicable insurance, and hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive self and others to/around regional events.
- Degree in Event Management, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or related field a plus.
- Photo/video shooting and editing skills, and familiarity with leading social media channels a plus.
SPEC PR Core Principles:
- We’re interested in media and the business of journalism, marketing, advertising. We’re curious and always seeking out new learning.
- We’re humble, and we lead by example.
- As experts in our field, we share what we know and what we learn. We don’t keep expertise from others to “protect ourselves or our business.” We share our expertise to grow our business.
- We prioritize spending time outdoors with self, family, friends, nature, colleagues. We know outdoor experiences build bonds between people and with the natural world.
- We value experiences, and we value real, long-term, mutually beneficial relationships that are both personal and professional.
- We are problem solvers. Problems happen, but we are thoughtful and bring solutions to the team and to clients when problems arise.
- We are intrinsically motivated. We value hard work, teamwork, and shared results. The individual does everything they can for the team, and the team does everything it can for the individual. This leads to success on both levels.
- We’re respectful. We respect ourselves, each other, and our clients/partners/media contacts.
- We’re efficient and aggressive. Our industry moves fast, and our team is lean. We must be efficient and aggressive to keep up.
- We’re a value-based business. Our time is valuable, and while our industry standard includes “billable hours,” we do not measure ourselves or each other based on time spent at work. We trust each other to pull their weight for the team, but our worth is not in how many hours we work, it’s in the value of our work product.
- We’re dedicated to profitability; not for gluttonous financial gain, but because we can’t do any good if we can’t stay in business. Our growth goals are based on a strategy of creating a stable, sustainable business that allows us to constantly learn, innovate, and improve our knowledge and skills, so we can achieve our vision of being the best PR agency in outdoor recreation.